Magic The Gathering Tournament(s)

Eagle Rock, CA
gbmb

Magic The Gathering Tournament(s)

Post by gbmb »

What is the interest level in Magic tournaments?

Sealed? Draft? Constructed? Two-headed Giant?

I'm down for any and all versions of magic. I'm sure there will be in the very least, casual matches through out the weekend but if people want an actual organized tournament, let me know so I can secure some booster boxes if we will need them. The good thing is that I live about five minutes away from a pretty decent store with plenty of stock and he sells me booster boxes for $100 (tax included) or at least he did last time when I bought boxes.
ImageImageImageImage
Come get some bitches!
Jumpkick

Re: Magic The Gathering Tournament(s)

Post by Jumpkick »

I would be down for anything. I kind of want to play a tournament where you get however many packs and you play them without looking. Would have to be some rule where you just add 'lands' and they can be whatever color you need.
ankaerith

Post by ankaerith »

Playing a mini-master could be a lot of fun.

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Resour ... ats-casual

I'm not sure I feel a great need for a sealed or draft tournament. I'd like to play more constructed. We could try to hold a small Standard or Modern tournament.
Kimmbel

Post by Kimmbel »

I'd be down for something sealed. Don't really have the time/money/energy to construct anything decent and new.

If we're gonna do a sealed though we should do something not from this block.
gbmb

Post by gbmb »

Not from this block as in Avacyn Restored? Innistrad and Dark Ascension are OOP so it would be more per box if I were to get those, however he does have them and he also has boosters from way way back too. We could just buy a bunch of random boosters and just draft those, although I can see that being overly clunky. Anyone with a preference, please respond back in this thread.

Here are options:

ISD - Innistrad (slightly more expensive)
DKA - Dark Ascension (slightly more expensive)
AVR - Avacyn Restored
M13 - Magic 2013
RTR - Return to Ravnica
GTC - Gatecrash
Other
ImageImageImageImage
Come get some bitches!
krypto-bizarro

Post by krypto-bizarro »

I'll pitch in and go along with whatever format you decide if you are short people to do a tournament, but I'd rather just bring a few decks and play some informal games on the side.