The Deal.

Hollywood, CA
Le Stud

The Deal.

Post by Le Stud »

Most of you guys showed up last year and know what the deal is. For those that weren't around or couldn't make it, Nerd Weekend is a weekend-long (Friday-Sunday), guys only nerdfest. That means everyone comes over to our place in Hollywood and we play videogames and watch badass films. We are going to be hanging out like we should on a regular basis, but for some reason, now need a dedicated weekend as an excuse.

Highlights from last year:
Dueling projectors!
Mario Kart on 4 networked Gamecubes.
Rock Band around the clock.
Pissed neighbors.
T.I.N.N.A. bot.

Q- Why can't chicks come? My girlfriend/wife says that it isn't fair that you have a guys only weekend.

A- She’s right, so stay home and wax each other.

Q- Seriously, my girlfriend/wife is pissed that I'm going to be gone the whole weekend.

A- Just tell them that plenty of guys have poker nights, and those things are usually at least once a month. This is like once a year. Last year a bunch of the girls got together and made it a spa day. They’re looking forward to Nerd Weekends now.

I know some of you have kids and just can't make it. That's cool, I more than understand. There are three kinds of people that I will be pissed at if they don't show up-
1. The guy that bitches all the time about when am I going to have the next Nerd Weekend and then doesn't show up.
2. The dude that talks a gang of shit in the emails about Nerd Weekend and how he is going to kick so much ass and then doesn't show up.
3. The guy that doesn't have anything better going on that weekend and still doesn't bother to roll… I’m talking about you Tom Fucking Kudo!

Q- What about food and drinks?
A- This is a BYOB&F party. As I’m sure a lot of you are, I’m broke, so I can’t be buying everyone’s food for three days. To be honest, I don’t even know how many people are going to show up. I'll have some eats, but you need to bring whatever it is you want to eat or drink so you're covered. No moochers, everyone pulls their own weight. I'm sure we will order pizza some night or all head out to Taco Bell like we’ve done before, so there’s that.

Q- Can I claim a bed?
A- You can claim the floor like everyone else. Bring a sleeping bag or blankets, there's no way I'll have enough. And if you don't think you can sleep during a Tim/Jason or Collier Bros. snore-off then you might need some earplugs.

Q- Isn’t your place in Hollywood too small for a Nerd Weekend? Why don’t we have it at…
A- Good question, and like I said, I don’t honestly know how many people are coming. So maybe it will be too small, maybe it will be too big, but it will be awesome!

If you’ve never been to my place before or need directions again, drop me a line at headnerd - nerdweekend.org
Hack

Re: The Deal.

Post by Hack »

As usual, I'm going to have to say "wish I could be there" since something has come up for every single NW. In this instance, Jessica is expected to deliver by Mar-12, and as much as I enjoy finding new ways to cheese on every game I play, I doubt that I will be able to make this one.

-Rob