User accounts and creating forums

General info and news about the site.
HeadNerd
Site Admin

User accounts and creating forums

Post by HeadNerd »

New user accounts
This site is meant for everyone! Well maybe not the spammers...

After getting hundreds and hundreds of bogus account requests, and this was with captcha turned on and admin okay required, I turned off new accounts over a year ago. I was just getting really tired of dealing with the constant wannabe hackers, over 90% being Chinese or Russian (How do I know? Because they were using cheesy Chinese and Russian emails) where English isn't even their first language. But new accounts are now turned back on. I figure I'll give it one more shot.

I don't even know really what they were after... This has always been a small forum, and up until now, only used by my close friends. But all are welcome! *errr, except for the spammers*

If I ever get sick of dealing with them again, this is where I'll give you the status of the forum.

Creating your own forum (planning your own Nerd Weekend)
Right now, to keep things better organized, the ability to create your own forum is turned off by default. That doesn't mean we don't want you to, you're encourage to! Just send me a private message with your forum topic and I'll create it for you with you as the moderator. That's it! Easy!