The New Deal

Moderator: JMarcus

JMarcus

The New Deal

Post by JMarcus »

Most of you guys showed up last time and know what the deal is. For those that weren't around or couldn't make it, Nerd Weekend is a weekend-long (Friday-Sunday), guys only nerdfest. That means everyone comes over to my place in Lake Forest and we play videogames and watch badass films. We are going to be hanging out like we should on a regular basis, but for some reason, now need two dedicated weekends as an excuse.

Highlights from last time:
Rock Band, Rock Band, Rock Band
SFIV with sweet arcade sticks
Collier Cook-Off
Gymkata!

Q- Why can't chicks come? My girlfriend/wife says that it isn't fair that you have a guys only weekend.
A- She’s right, so stay home and wax each other.

Q- Seriously, my girlfriend/wife is pissed that I'm going to be gone the whole weekend.
A- Well, you don't really have to be gone all weekend. For those in the OC your homes will not be far. Go home, shower, kiss the wife and come on back. The real nerds will be there, honing their skillz until you return.

I know some of you have kids and just can't make it. That's cool, I more than understand. There are three kinds of people that I will be pissed at if they don't show up-
1. The guy that bitches all the time about when is the next Nerd Weekend and then doesn't show up.
2. The dude that talks a gang of shit in the emails about Nerd Weekend and how he is going to kick so much ass and then doesn't show up.
3. The guy that doesn't have anything better going on that weekend and still doesn't bother to roll…

Q- What about food and drinks?
A- This is a BYOB&F party. I'll have some eats, but you need to bring whatever it is you want to eat or drink so you're covered. No moochers, everyone pulls their own weight. I'm sure we will order pizza some night or all head out to Del Taco like we’ve done before, so there’s that.

Q- Can I claim a bed/couch?
A- You can claim the floor like everyone else. Bring a sleeping bag, blankets, or air mattress there's no way I'll have enough. And if you don't think you can sleep during a Tim/Jason or Collier Bros. snore-off then you might need some earplugs. There is one couch, two love seats, and an air mattress but those will be awarded to the winners/runners-up of any tournaments.

Q- Isn’t your place in Lake Forest too small for a Nerd Weekend?
A- No, it could probably fit three of Jesse's place in it. Quit whining and come to Nerd Weekend.